Thursday, October 30, 2008

Who killed Cock Robin?

Thank you all for your class notes! ...struggling with some sort of bronchial infection...


Deeply disappointed to read that I had missed Bach -- beloved companion of many years -- he will baffle and amaze and break your heart -- works you can dive into again and again...



yoyo ma



Finally realized | remembered what “Cock Robin” was reminding me of:

Who killed Cock Robin?
I, said the Sparrow,
with my bow and arrow,
I killed Cock Robin.
Who saw him die?
I, said the Fly,
with my little eye,
I saw him die.





Who killed Davey Moore,

Why an' what's the reason for?
"Not I," says the referee,

"Don't point your finger at me.

I could've stopped it in the eighth

An' maybe kept him from his fate,

But the crowd would've booed, I'm sure,

At not gettin' their money's worth.

It's too bad he had to go,

But there was a pressure on me too, you know.

It wasn't me that made him fall.

No, you can't blame me at all."


Bob Dylan, 1964

No comments: